NIGHTHAWK X4S (R7800), the most excellent router you can rely on for quality gaming. It is an ultimate design bearing prime functional features for more superior performance.
Among the top contenders in the list of the best wireless routers in the current market is the Netgear AC2600 model.
It is one exclusive make favorable for users with a primary interest in online streaming and gaming.
Of cause as a gamer, you do not wish for low pings or buffering but instead a fast download and accessibility.
The main outstanding pro for this model is that it has extensive coverage meaning it can serve a broad premise, both indoor and outdoor sections, at the same time thanks to its MU-MIMO technology feature.
The Netgear AC2600 model is an upgrade from the initial Nighthawk X4 R7500 version, which was relatively slow – this was due to its lack of the MIMO technology.
However the now Nighthawk® X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router, besides, works with Quad Stream technology, which helps deliver WiFi simultaneously to multiple client devices at faster speeds and frequencies of 160MHz.
The X4S AC2600 operates on a vibrant 1.7GHz dual-core processor delivering up to 2.53Gbps on its WiFi speeds.
Apart from the high connectivity speeds and comprehensive coverage, Netgear Ac2600 offers you a lot more to enjoy including the following;
The Netgear’s AC2600 router comes with the following applications to help in the operations set for it.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk App – You install this App from your play store and use it in the management/ control of your router’s operation
- ReadyCLOUD® - the application enables you to create a cloud storage
- OpenVPN – enhances router security as it allows for remote control on its usage
- Kwilt app – helps in the saving sharing and printing of pictures and files
Ease of Use
Right from installation to management, this router offers you the easiest and straightforward processes; you need not to higher expertise to go through. Here are a few items contributing to its ease of use.
- Easy installation — whether you are using your smartphone tablet or PC, setting up this device is quick and more accessible.
- Nighthawk App – through the App, you can effectively conduct all your controls and setups on your router.
- Push ‘N’ Connect— to effect wifi connection; you only need to press a button – straightforward.
- Switch; power/ WiFi — helps save power and grants more security to the network. When the network is off, no one will receive its signal and try hacking.
- Switch; LED on/off — you can choose to keep the LEU lights on or off through the available switch.
- Voice Control – the Netgear Ac2600 version router uses voice control command effected by the Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
NETGEAR ensures that the sharing of photos and other files through the router network is not only secure but fun as well.
Through your router, you can share data with your printer, for instance, to get a document printed. Also, through your USB storage device, you can use the router to build cloud storage where all devices can access contained information.
ReadySHARE Vault application helps back up the shared files on your Windows PC, since the entire sharing involves wireless connection.
- ReadySHARE® USB Access— assist in wireless access and sharing of USB drive files with printer devices through two (2) USB 3.0 ports
- MU-MIMO—Multi-user MIMO allows simultaneous streaming to more mobile devices
- eSATA— One eSATA port is available for streaming and storing
- Two USB 3.0 ports (super-speed ports) — offers Up to 10x faster speeds than the USB 2.0
- DLNA®— enables finding and playing of your media on game consoles, DLNA TVs as well as other media players
- ReadyCLOUD® USB Access— enjoy confidential and secure cloud access to your USB storage anytime, anywhere.
- ReadySHARE Printer— through the wireless connection, you can access and share your USB printer.
NIGHTHAWK X4S (R7800) GAMING ROUTER
Super Smart Wi-Fi Router
The R7800 Nighthawk router upgraded version from the initial, R7500 which in comparison is less superior.
As one of the best gaming routers in the current market, the NIGHTHAWK X4S (R7800) model offers a high-speed internet connection of up to 2.6Gbps (800Mbps 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps 5GHz).
With that it operates at frequencies of 160MHz, which are pretty high compared to the older version.
Among its outstanding features include the MI-MUMO technology, which enables more devices to connect simultaneously to its network.
When combined with the Beafoaming+, which strengthens WIFI signals, it makes this device an ideal option for large homes.
It will effectively serve your indoors and outdoors premises. As for its high speeds, it best suits those interested in online streaming and gaming.
NIGHTHAWK X4S (R7800) GAMING ROUTER comes with a highly vibrant 1.7GHz dual-core processor, which ensures all the connections and controls are effective. Its security options are top-notch. It incorporates features such as;
- VPN support
- Personal FTP server
- Open-source support
- Enhanced Parental Controls
- Guest network access
Which ensures that your router ever remains safe from hackers and other misusers. Alongside that, restricts particular sites you chose.
The NIGHTHAWK X4S (R7800) Gaming router is a hard case device with package dimensions of 12.8 x 9.9 x 3.7 inches and an average weight of 3 pounds. Have you seen the X4 already? If yes then you already know how X4S looks like; they share the same bulky design. The X4S comes with five network ports; one WAN/Internet port and four LAN ports. Also, four detachable antennae, and three peripheral ports; one eSATA and two USB 3.0.
Its quad-stream support comes with two speeds.
On 5GHz bandwidth, it provides speed rates of up to 1,733Mbps and up to 800Mbps (the X4 model provided 600Mbps) on 2.4GHz.
When we combine the two bands, we get 2,553Mbps to be the router’s top Wi-Fi bandwidth — hence earning the AC2600 designation.
On the backside, NIGHTHAWK X4S (R7800) Gaming router comes with LAN ports and Ethernet ports for connection.
The front section has a USB port. Its top surface has the LED indicators showing when power is on and when there is a connection.
More consciously are its three adjustable antennae attached at its backside.
As a paramount aspect of router networks and networking, the Netgear’s X4S AC2600 is a leader in high-security maintenance in all your usage. To ensure this, here are the key features it has in place.
- VPN support—OpenVPN Connect app helps you keep control of your router’s network usage even when far from home. Get the App from your play store or on your iOS and Android devices and begin the remote controlling.
- Enhanced Parental Controls—this control helps you determine what content your children or network users can access. Most users, in this case, restrict adult content for their kids.
- Guest network access — allows you to create a separate network for your guests. Hence enhancing security
- Secure WiFi connections —it uses the WPA/WPA2 security options
- Personal FTP server— allows easy creation of FTP server from free customized URL
- Open-source support— so much support information is available on www.myopenrouter.com. You will find new firmware update to download from there as well.
How To set up my Netgear Nighthawk R7800?
Setting up any Netgear router is more standard. If you have set up one before, then the Netgear Nighthawk R7800 won’t be any problem. Typically, it is ready to use device as it comes pre-installed with WIFI configuration information, usually at its bottom section. Its package consists of a power adapter and a WAN Ethernet cable.
The following is an easy to follow guide that will help you set up your router in minutes.
- With your Ethernet cable, connect the router (use the yellow WAN port labeled internet) to your broadband modem.
- Use the power adapter to connect your router to a live AC socket. The power LED light will light up, indicating a successful connection to power.
- Connect your browsing device, either your smartphone, PC, or tablet to the router’s network. Use the WiFi configuration information printed at the bottom section of the device to log in.
- Complete filling essential setup details remembering to change your login credentials.
- Next, download the Nighthawk App on your iOS or Android device. It will help you in remote management procedures of your router.
- Now your router will be ready for use.
Blazing internet speeds — Nighthawk R7800 offers up to 2.53Gbps (800+1733 Mbps)
Quad-Stream technology – Allows simultaneous delivery of WIFI to multiple devices.
Four Antennae – assist in boosting the areal coverage of the network
Dynamic QoS – through a better application/ device identification, traffic prioritization techniques, and bandwidth allocation Dynamic QoS helps manages the network’s traffic
Powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor – Enhances performance to allow efficient streaming and gaming
eSATA and Twin USB 3.0 ports – enhances speeds of USB storage access
New and Improved Applications features – these include ReadyCLOUD, NETGEAR Nighthawk App, Kwilt integration, and Open VPN access (mobile devices).
Voice Control – the device uses the Amazon Alexa™ & the Google® Assistant feature to ease control for your home network.
How does Netgear Smart Connect work?
Smart Connect is an exclusive intelligent technology that selects the fastest WiFi band for a connecting device.
It works only when the two bands, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz are using the same network key that is the password and WiFi network name (SSID).
Thus, when you have a WIFI connection to your router you will notice the only one SSID available for both bands.