Living in a big house comes with its benefits but also some cons undoubtedly. One major disadvantage is that the router may not supply an internet connection to every part of the home.
Usually, there are a few spots that the network is concentrated. This is where you have to stay if you want to enjoy a good browsing experience.
The router cannot provide Wi-Fi to every part of the home. Distance, large space, and walls are all contributing factors that may make some part of the house be described as a “dead zone.”
Do you want to avoid running a cable throughout your home? This is where a Wi-Fi extender becomes significant. This device increases the signal strength of your router.
This implies that the Wi-Fi reaches every part of the room with the same frequency and strength. The process of installing a Wi-Fi extender in your home/office may seem like a big deal.
In the real sense, it is a straightforward process. If you follow the instructions in this write-up on how to configure and set-up your router, you will be thankful.
You will come to realize that every dollar you spend on this product is worth it because the internet signal is going to be better than you ever imagined.
There is a wide variety within the Wi-Fi repeater market, but it is imperative to know how to choose the best option for your home.
The connection speed and the compatibility with WPS are quite crucial for a quick and easy configuration.
The vast majority of today's routers have a WPS button, so it shouldn't be a problem to install it.
But don't worry, since, if your router does not have this technology, later we will show you how to install a Wi-Fi repeater in this case. Let's see the steps to follow if your router has WPS support.
- Plug the repeater into an outlet close to the router as possible. Wait until the light on the Wi-Fi repeater starts blinking.
- Press the WPS button on your operator's router for a few seconds, and then press the button on the Wi-Fi repeater for 10 seconds.
- Wait two to three minutes for the repeater to pair with your router and, once it starts to flash, you can change it to the plug that interests you the most.
- It is essential to place the WIFI repeater in an intermediate point of your house, look for a point where the coverage is adequate to repeat the signal optimally.
How to configure a repeater if your router does not have a WPS button
- If you have a router without a WPS button, setting up a Wi-Fi repeater is still pretty easy, so you don't have to worry about this.
- Plug the Wi-Fi extender into a socket.
- Select the wireless network that broadcasts the new repeater from your mobile.
- Try accessing any web page with your preferred browser to open the repeater configuration.
How to place your Wi-Fi mesh extender.
Registered users can use the NetSpot "Heat Map" function, which changes a geographic map of the intensity of the red in an area.
For example, the heat map of a different working space may indicate that the Wi-Fi connection is the strongest on the right side of the working area (where the map is the greenest), but the lowest on the left side (where the map is more blue).
Once we have identified the areas where the signal is weaker, we should see what kind of devices we will use in that area.
If it is a living room of the residence with only Smart TV or a place where you use a tablet to access books or videos through a slower connection, then you might not need a Wi-Fi extender.
However, if this is a workshop environment, several PCs have no Wi-Fi capability and only use Ethernet ports. In this case, AC1200 would be the best option with its multiple Ethernet ports and enhanced multi-band capability.
Specs of Ex6150
Features of ac1200
- This Wi-Fi mesh extender uses the FastLane™ Technology: it is ideal for gaming. The extender supports HD downloads and online streaming. It combines the best frequencies to produce that frequency that creates a strong and fast connection.
- The extender easily creates a Wi-Fi mesh with your existing router.
- The Ac1200 has the smart roaming feature. It automatically connects your device to the best available network.
- The set-up of Netgear Ex6150 is very easy. With just a push of a button, you are ready to start browsing. Either you have WPS or not, you can easily connect your router to this dual-band Wi-Fi extender.
- It has a gigabit Ethernet port that allows you to connect multiple devices. You can join a Blu-ray player, game console, and streaming player to your Wi-Fi network.
The use of this Wi-Fi mesh extender will significantly increase your router's signal strength. This helps the signal reach all your home/ office areas without problems. With this dual-band Wi-Fi mesh extender, you can enjoy a strong connection.