Introduction to AX6000
Netgear is leaving no loose ends, especially in providing your premises with reliable internet connectivity through its router devices.
The one in a million company now has a new model in the market, the Netgear AX6000, a high-end design coming with the latest technological features enhancing absolute effectiveness in internet connectivity.
One most defining feature it has is the ability to support eight spatial streams.
That indicates just how much power it has. The WIFI 6 range classified router, is a highly effective device offering speeds of up to 6000 Mbps.
With this it supports the typical 2.4GHz and 5GHz plus now a new one that is 160 MHz.
Thus, even those high-bandwidth devices it sufficiently supports. These include smart home automation, online gaming, ultra-smooth 4K UHD streaming, and many others.
Now with the support from more inventory technologies such as;
- 4x4 Multi-User MIMO,
- Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple-Access (OFDMA), and
- Intelligent scheduling
The operative efficiency of this device has increased in terms of speed and client device capacity.
It is now possible with this device to connect a lot more devices and still experience a reliably high connection on each.
One of the Netgear’s router model you can find for smart home internet experience is the AX WiFi 6 device.
It allows the connection of more Wi-Fi devices and still experiences high connectivity. With it, you will always experience no interruptions in your 4k/8k streaming, downloading, or gaming.
Netgear AX6000 offers ultra-fast wireless speeds in all devices connecting to it at a particular time. With fewer devices connected, the speeds are even higher.
It will always provide you with blazing connection speeds greater than 1 gigabit in every second or more, VR/AR gaming, and 4K/8K streaming.
The AX6000 offers significantly reliable and strengthy Wi-Fi coverage anywhere within your premises, indoor, or outdoor.
It conveniently effects this through its highly performing antennas, which amplifies the available Wi-Fi signal to cover a full area.
Powerful Quad-Core Processor
It is a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor that powers the Nighthawk AX8, thus allowing multi-gigs data transfer with nearly zero CPU load.
An extra quad-core co-processor manages all the Multi-Gig LAN-WAN traffic, thus ensuring all other applications have the main processor to handle them.
This high processing power provides smoother Ultra-HD 4K video streaming as well as gaming without any connective interruptions.
As opposed to many other routers, Nighthawk AX8 supports WAN port aggregation.
Meaning, it can deliver not just one Gigabit internet speed when there is combination of two Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Gigabit Wi-Fi to Mobile Devices
Nighthawk AX8 supports 160MHz channel hence allowing compatible mobile devices connected to it stream at Gigabit speeds.
It, therefore, suites a lot those who game and stream videos.
4x4 Multi-User MIMO
The AX6000 router in cooperates the use of multi-user MIMO technology, which helps in the simultaneous data transfer to various devices at the same time. This technology, therefore, ensures fast streaming and download speeds.
This device bears a purposeful design featuring an optimally positioned antennae to increases Wi-Fi coverage and stable make to support its installation.
Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) Stream WI-FI Router
NIGHTHAWK AX8 is one of the Netgear’s top-performing routers with an excellent reputation over its rival models.
As a contender to be the top in the best performing router’s list, these devices come with quality features, which makes it quite outstanding.
In this review, we unveil the essential facts you need to know from this model, and at the end of it let you decide whether it is the best, among your preferred list of selection.
To begin with, let’s look at particular features we can notice about the NIGHTHAWK AX8 device.
If you are used to the typical antennae design of other router models, then know that this is a bit different.
Its design uniqueness goes as well with its speculative grand efficiency when it comes to handling problems with your internet connection and connectivity.
The device comes in the form of an almost rectangular shape, which opens up sideways to form a more open ‘U’ shape. On the sides are foldable ‘wings’ which fixes down onto the main device base to stay upright.
Inside the elevated sides of this device stands four antennae, which help in the amplification of the WiFi. More features it has included its 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports accommodating up to 6 devices at a time, 2 USB ports amongst buttons, and ELD indicator lights.
Other outward design feature you will see is its partially perforated body to keep internal components cool.
With dimensions of 12 x 7.95 x 6.34 in and weight of 2.82 lbs, the NIGHTHAWK AX8 poses as a highly portable device you can easily carry from one location to the next.
This feature is especially helpful when it comes to installation.
When it comes to the handling of wireless networks, always security needs to be top in the user consideration factor. Unsecured networks give an avenue for malicious acts of cybercrimes some of which can be quite costly to use as users. For instance if someone gets your bank login details it means they can drain you of your finances in minutes without even you knowing.
It is, however, all good with the NIGHTHAWK AX8 as it has all the security feature options best for your safe browsing.
Top among these features include the following;
- Standards-Based Security – This router uses standardized security systems of 802.11i and 128-bit AES encryption with PSK.
- VPN Client Support— without protecting your network’s identity, you increase the risk of attacks such as DDoS Protect. The NIGHTHAWK AX8 router ensures full VPN support is available for all client users.
- VPN support— through an exclusive VPN app, downloaded on your android mobile device, you can now remotely access your home devices such as PC, MAC, or any other and secure them whenever you wish.
- Guest Network Access — not every visitor that comes to your home has good intentions. If you allow hackers or malicious people to use your primary network, then you will be at significant risk as they can remotely access private/ delicate information stored on your device and use them for the wrong purpose. To avoid such occurrences, NIGHTHAWK AX8 allows you to create a guest network where they can all log in if they have to use your internet connection.
- Automatic Firmware Updates—another way to keep safe your browsing is to ensure your router’s firmware is up to date. You can always download any new updates in case there is.
How do I set up my Netgear Nighthawk RaX80?
The Netgear Nighthawk RaX80 comes with an easy to set up procedure you can follow to success without any unique guidance.
The device package comes with an easy to understand manual you can use in this process.
Below, however, we have simplified the entire process for you. Follow the following guide to get your Ra X80 router device running in minutes.
Before we dive in this, note that alongside the manual guide coming with the device, other installation equipment are as well included in the package.
These include; power adapter and Ethernet cable. Once you have unpacked, then all you can begin.
- Using the Ethernet cable, connect your router to your modem device.
- Plug in the power adapter to your AC socket and your device then press the power button. The LED lights will light up indicating power connection.
- Connect any of your devices to the network. It could be your PC, tablet, or smartphone device. Use the login details provided in the manual or under the unit device.
- Once signed in, set up your security settings while following other procedures on installing new firmware, if available, that is.
- Download the NIGHTHAWK APP from your play store either on your smartphone or tablet and add more customization setup to your network.
- Start using your network.
6000Mbps Speed: The Nighthawk RaX80 offers a WIFI 6 performance of 6000Mbps. It is quite useful in video streaming and gaming.
8 Simultaneous Stream: The high number of streaming channels offers an excellent capacity for the device to serve many devices all at the same time.
Wired Ethernet Ports: This device comes with 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports through which you can connect your computers, streaming players, game consoles, as well as other adjacent wired devices.
Technology Loaded: Its design features a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor, Beamforming+, four amplified antennas, Amazon Alexa Voice Control, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Dynamic QoS, OFDMA, and much more.
USB connections: Though its 2 x 3.0 USB ports, you can connect your storage devices and share/ print information or store some in the cloud for conventional usage.
High capability: The WiFi 6 is very much compatible with other past generation devices, WiFi 5 going backward.
Safe and Secure: Nighthawk RaX80 supports the Wireless Protocol Access 2. It comprises Guest WiFi access, Firewall, DoS, VPN, and much more.